KNOW YOUR SOIL
If you want optimal plant health and yields, your crops depend on having an adequate supply of nutrients. Proper management of these nutrients can result in both economical gains and environmental improvements. To determine the right nutrient rate, a good soil testing program is critical. By combining information obtained from soil tests with other information about your soils and crops, an optimal nutrient management program can be designed.
START WITH GOOD TECHNIQUES
If you want to obtain reliable results from soil samples, make sure that certain basic techniques are followed. Consistency in time of the season, sampling depth and location are important. By using georeferenced locations, trends in nutrient levels can be watched. Along with consistency, past management practices (tillage, crop rotation, fertilizer management) and soil characteristics (texture, slope and drainage) need to be considered.
- We will design a soil testing program that fits your needs.
- You have the option to buy your fertilizer based on price and service.
- Data can be accessed through the E4 web portal.
- You can obtain the raw data “no questions asked” at any time.
- We can create management zones and prescriptions for you.
Call Midplains Ag at 402.843.5342 to schedule soil samplings of your fields.